Surfing is a way of living, not just a hobby. When you introduce your child into the world of thrilling wave riding, it’s important to ensure they have the best time possible. Although surfboards, lessons, and the right equipment are all important, this is especially true for kids. The wetsuit shirt is an important part of your child’s surfwear. This post will explain why picking the proper kids wetsuit tops is critical to their pleasure in the water.
The Importance of Kids’ Wetsuit Top
Surfing teaches valuable lessons to children, such as patience and perseverance. It also teaches respect for the natural world. It is a sport where you can closely connect with nature and the ocean. Wetsuits are necessary for children who want to be exposed to the ocean.
A wetsuit for children is much more than clothing. It provides warmth, buoyancy, and confidence. Here are some reasons why it’s so important:
- Protection against the Elements: The temperature of the ocean varies drastically depending on location and time of year. The prolonged exposure of children to cold waters can lead to discomfort and even hypothermia. A wetsuit is a thermal layer that traps water between the skin and the garment. This water will warm up and create an insulating layer, keeping your youngster comfortable while riding waves.
- Buoyancy & Floating: Children’s wetsuit tops have been designed to give buoyancy. They help your child stay afloat. This buoyancy will be particularly important to novice surfers still developing their swimming and balance skills. The added buoyancy provided by a wetsuit can allow your child to maintain more stability and confidence on their surfboard.
- Confidence booster: The sport of surfing can be challenging, particularly for young beginners. A wetsuit can give your child more confidence in the pool. Being comfortable and well-protected allows them to concentrate on catching the waves and improving their technique.
How to Select the Right Wetsuit Top for Children?
Consideration of various factors is required to find the best wetsuit for kids, including fit, thickness, design, and durability. Here is a guide that will help you to make the right choice for your young surfer:
Fit and size:
- Snug yet Comfortable: Wetsuit tops should be snug but not restrict movements. It should be comfortable and feel like a 2nd skin.
- Test before You Purchase: When possible, allow your child to try on the top wetsuit before purchase. Check the wetsuit top for chafing or discomfort around the neck, wrists, and underarms.
- Think about Growth: Kids grow fast. Wetsuits with some room for expansion are ideal, but they shouldn’t be too loose.
- Identify Water Conditions: You should choose a top appropriate for the type of water your child will be in. Thinner wetsuits offer better insulation for colder temperatures, while thinner wetsuits are appropriate for warmer climates.
- 3/2mm Versatile: Choosing a top with 3/2mm thickness is versatile, as it is suitable in various conditions. The first 3mm refers to material thickness at the torso for warmth. However, the second 2mm is a thinner material in arms and shoulders that provides flexibility.
It is important to find the best kids’ top wetsuit in order to ensure your child’s comfort, safety, and enjoyment when surfing. You’re investing in their surfing and helping them develop a love for the ocean. If you notice your young surfer smiling as he or she catches waves, you know the right wetsuit shirt played an important role in that surfing smile.